Cappe’s Steakhouse was est. in 1993
by Sue Thompson. Cappe’s was located at 604 South Jackson St.
; Ms. Sue Thompson named the restaurant
after her daughter, Cappe. Sue continued the tradition of cooking steaks over
an open flame of charcoal, like her late husband Cy Thompson. The setting was a
3-bedroom house renovated into a little steakhouse.
In 2001, Sue moved locations to 105 Eckford Dr.
where it stands today. Then in 2002 she turned the restaurant over to her
daughter and son-n-law so she could purchase Old Hickory in Columbus, which was originally started in
1960. By Cy Thompson (cappe’s dad).
Though Cappe’s has turned into a
great spot to dine for lunch it still serves some of the best steaks in the
south. Along with lunch and dinner Cappe’s Steakhouse is now catering. Catering
options are unlimited ranging from parties of 10-1000 serving foods like:
Steaks, Chicken, Shrimp, Fried Fish, and much more. Please contact us at
662-324-1987 for all you Catering needs.
Owners: Eric and Cappe Hallberg